- Used for Sulfur dioxide removal
- Simple operation requiring no chemicals
- Seawater pH of 8.0-8.5 used for alkalinity instead of any chemicals
- Ducon Q-pack packing provides high removal efficiency and low pressure drop
- Ducon seawater FGD has the lowest power consumption.
- Water flows via gravity from scrubber to aeration basin
- No sludge; aerated water discharged to sea
- Low investment cost and minimal controls
Requires only seawater and air.
No waste is formed, so no waste handling required.
No reagents or additional chemicals.
Has lower capital and operating costs than other types of FGD systems.
The absorbed SO2 is oxidized to harmless sulfate ion, a natural constituent of seawater.