Chemical Scrubber - Gas Scrubber - Packed Towers
Chemical Absorption Scrubber
Ducon Chemical Absorption Towers, also known as Chemical Scrubbers or Gas Scrubbers, are custom designed to absorb and remove SO2, HCl, H2S, NOx, NH3, CO2, TRS, Organics, odors, fumes and other toxic components. Ducon can also provide spray tower design using proprietary spray nozzles with no internals, packed towers with a variety of high efficiency & low pressure drop Ducon packing, or tray towers with custom designed trays. Ducon Chemical Scrubbers can achieve over 99.99% removal efficiency.
In a Ducon Chemical Gas Absorption Scrubber, the liquid flows downwards over the surface of the packing and the Ducon packing provides the surface area for mixing action between the upward rising polluted gas and liquid. The most efficient design is a Counterflow Column where the gas moves upward and is cleaned while the clean liquid flows in the opposite direction picking up the gas contaminants. The gas and liquid contact is continuous in a absorption tower. The performance of the gas scrubber can be improved by increasing the height of the packing or the spray zone in a spray tower. The important design parameters in a Ducon Gas Scrubber are air-to-water volumetric flow ratio, surface loading rate, type and size of packing and height of packing. These factors are influenced by temperature, chemistry of the chemical in the water and the mass transfer characteristics of the packing.
Chemical Scrubber Packed Tower’s Advantages
- Up to 99.9% + efficiency on most pollutants
- Wide range of packing media, trays, chevrons and demisters are available to suit specific needs.
- Recycle of scrubbing liquid is available.
- Liquid is distributed uniformly via non-plugging nozzles.
- A variety of construction materials such as: mild steel, stainless steel, Inconel, FRP, PVC, etc., are available.
- Designed for optimum performance, low maintenance and high reliability.
- Ducon Packed Towers are used to remove the following contaminants: Sulfur Dioxide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Hydrogen Chloride, Nitrogen Oxides, Chlorine, Carbon Dioxide, Ammonia, Chlorine Dioxide, Hydrogen Fluoride, TRS, Amines, Mercaptans, Ethylene Oxide, Alcohols, Phenol, Formaldehyde, Odors, Sulfuric Acid, Mists, Acetic Acid, Silicon Tetra Chloride