A Ducon Chemical Scrubber is custom designed to absorb and remove SO2, HCl, H2S, TRS, Organics, odors, fumes and other toxic components. Ducon can provide spray towers using proprietary spray nozzles with no internals, packed towers with a variety of high efficiency Ducon packing, or tray towers with custom designed trays. Ducon packed towers can achieve over 99.99% removal efficiency.
Generally speaking Chemical Scrubbers work like this:
Typically a custom fan forces the polluted gas stream through Corrosion Resistant Ductwork. It then enters a Wet Scrubber, where it contacts the liquid to gas from the scrubbing solution and packing media with a high surface area. Chemical absorption of the polluted gas stream then goes into the liquid scrubbing solution through a mass transfer. Once clean the air stream then passes through a Mist Eliminator, which separates entrained mist droplets from the air stream through inertial impaction and mechanical impingement. The 99.9% clean airstream is then exhausted to atmosphere. Some gases, such as HCL, can form an aerosol or "acid fog" inside the Wet Scrubber vessel as it cools. To mitigate this problem, a high efficiency Composite Mesh Pad Mist Eliminator is designed into the vessel.
Chemical Scrubber Packed Tower Advantages
- Up to 99.9% + efficiency on most pollutants
- Wide range of packing media, trays, chevrons and demisters are available to suit specific needs.
- Recycle of scrubbing liquid is available.
- Liquid is distributed uniformly via non-plugging nozzles.
- A variety of construction materials such as: mild steel, stainless steel, Inconel, FRP, PVC, etc., are available.
- Designed for optimum performance, low maintenance and high reliability.
- Ducon Packed Towers are used to remove the following contaminants: Sulfur Dioxide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Hydrogen Chloride, Nitrogen Oxides, Chlorine, Carbon Dioxide, Ammonia, Chlorine Dioxide, Hydrogen Fluoride, TRS, Amines, Mercaptans, Ethylene Oxide, Alcohols, Phenol, Formaldehyde, Odors, Sulfuric Acid, Mists, Acetic Acid, Silicon Tetra Chloride