A Ducon Chemical Wet Scrubber is custom designed to absorb and remove SO2, SO3, HCl, H2S, TRS, NOx, NH3, HF, CO2, Organics, odors, fumes, acids and other toxic components from flue gases. Ducon can provide spray towers using proprietary spray nozzles, packed towers, absorber towers with rod deck internals to prevent clogging due to reaction products, and achieve high pollutant removal efficiency. Ducon's proprietary packing, or tray towers with custom designed trays can achieve over 99.99% removal efficiency.
Generally speaking Chemical Wet Scrubbers work like this:
Typically a custom fan forces the polluted gas stream through Corrosion Resistant Ductwork. It then enters a Wet Scrubber, where it is quenched at the inlet and then it contacts the liquid from the scrubbing solution through the packing media or spray for efficient liquid-gas mixing. Chemical absorption of the polluted gas stream then goes into the liquid scrubbing solution through a mass transfer. Once clean the air stream then passes through a Mist Eliminator, which separates entrained mist droplets from the air stream through inertial impaction and mechanical impingement. The 99.9% clean airstream is then exhausted to atmosphere. Some pollutants, require either cooling or heating of the recycle liquid due to exothermic or endothermic nature of the reaction and Ducon is able to integrate such components into the scope of supply.
Chemical Wet Scrubber Packed Tower Advantages
- Up to 99.9% + efficiency on most pollutants
- Wide range of packing media, trays, chevrons and demisters are available to suit specific needs.
- Carbon Dioxide removing absorber towers using Ammonia and lime as reagents
- Liquid is distributed uniformly via non-plugging nozzles.
- A variety of construction materials such as: mild steel, stainless steel, Inconel, FRP, PVC, etc., are available.
- Designed for optimum performance, low maintenance and high reliability.
- Ducon Packed Towers are used to remove the following contaminants: Sulfur Dioxide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Hydrogen Chloride, Nitrogen Oxides, Chlorine, Carbon Dioxide, Ammonia, Chlorine Dioxide, Hydrogen Fluoride, TRS, Amines, Mercaptans, Ethylene Oxide, Alcohols, Phenol, Formaldehyde, Odors, Sulfuric Acid, Mists, Acetic Acid, Silicon Tetra Chloride